Subscriber Services


Please visit our new blog by clicking here.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Last Headphones You'll Ever Buy


If you're a traveling audiophile who likes the idea of those bulky Bose noise-canceling headphones but just can't bring yourself to spend 300 bucks on something that looks so ... well ... nerdy, here's a word of advice: don't.

The folks over at Ultimate Ears sent me a pair of their UE 700 noise-isolating headphones, which I test drove on a flight to Jamaica last weekend, and I have to say: if you're the type of person who's prepared to spend big bucks on big, rich sound, these are for you.

I liked that once I inserted the tiny earbuds, absolutely nothing came between me and my tunes, and I could get lost in music, despite the seemingly endless in-cabin announcements. With five included foam and silicone buds to choose from I got a comfy fit, and the airplane jack (also included) enriched the listening experience on the inflight programming –now if only they'd show something other than Olympics re-runs. Best of all, the earphones are so diminutive that I can even fit my Shuffle into the 'phones' nifty plastic case.

At around $200 a pair the headphones are certainly no bargain; but if you demand great sound, want noise-canceling features without the dork factor, and are prepared to pay a premium for it, check these babies out.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Don't know if I'd want to spend that much, but the idea of being able to choose the right earbuds is very attractive - I'm in the market for a replacement so maybe the convenience is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I never use this headphone but I wanted to buy because I love music as well. Nowadays I have latest apple I pad and I really happy with this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails