Subscriber Services


Please visit our new blog by clicking here.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Beach Tennis in Aruba

I've always been pretty athletically challenged, but that hasn't stopped me from trying every conceivable resort activity known to man whenever I travel. In the name of research, I've spent many a Caribbean trip playing bocce ball, beach volleyball, sand horseshoes – you name it. I'm fairly sure I look equally ridiculous playing all of them, but there seems to be no shortage of new beach games to try, and so I carry on. If you're like me and you feel the need to test your (lack of) coordination against all varieties of beach games, then you'll definitely want to head to the Aruba Marriott Resort next month for the 8th Annual International Beach Tennis Event, held from November 13 to 15 and hosting over 350 participants from more than 10 different countries. What exactly is beach tennis, you ask? I'm told it's a combination of beach volleyball and tennis, played on a sand court with special tennis "paddles" and depressurized tennis balls...and let's be honest, that has a lot of potential to look really silly, so I'm sold.

The Deal: If you're in town for the event, you can take advantage of the resort's Aruba Beach Tennis Tournament Package starting at $339 per night and get your fourth night free, plus daily breakfast for two adults and two kids under 12, a free one-hour beach tennis lesson by an actual beach tennis pro (there is such a thing), and complimentary use of the resort's beach tennis court and paddles during your stay. Want more? Just register for the event – why not? – and you'll enjoy an opening night party with live music, a free BBQ lunch and a commemorative T-shirt so you can brag about your amazing athleticism to all your naysaying friends back home. Just check out the Aruba Marriott for more info and to book your trip.





Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails