Subscriber Services


Please visit our new blog by clicking here.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Reading On The Road


On a recent flight I sat next to a woman who was deeply engrossed in a reading a book on her Kindle. We started chatting and she couldn’t stop raving about how perfect the e-reader is for travel.

“I can carry as many books as I like with me on a machine that weighs next to nothing; there’s no glare on the screen, even when I’m reading in full sun; and if I get sand or sea spray on it, no big deal - I just wipe it off,” she said.

Which got me thinking that maybe this bookworm should add a Kindle to her Christmas list. Then I heard about Barnes & Noble’s “Kindle Killer” the Nook, which releases on November 30.


Priced the same as the Kindle at $259, this e-reader looks and performs a lot like it ­– except for two major features. One: in place of the keyboard it has a second screen, a color touch screen that can function either as a virtual keyboard (kinda like the iPhone) or which you can use to scroll through all the books in the B&N Nook library. Two: Nook readers can lend friends e-books by sending them to other Nooks, iPhones, BlackBerrys and computers – something you can’t yet do with the Kindle.

But I gotta admit, what really has me jonesing for a Nook is the range of stylish accessories and covers. Come on, people; how cute is this?!

So tell me dear reader: Do you have an e-reader on your gift list? If you already own one, do you love it? Should I go with the tried-and-true Kindle or get into the Nook?


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails