Subscriber Services


Please visit our new blog by clicking here.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sarah's 2009 Caribbean Highlights

The new year is just around the corner, but before it arrives I'm taking a moment to reminisce about some of my favorite Caribbean adventures in 2009.

In January, I rode the rails – and enjoyed a killer rum punch – on the Sugar Train in St Kitts.


In April, I spent four days in San Juan munching my way through the Saborea Puerto Rico food festival and getting up close and personal with giant avocados.


In May, I did a six-day Jamaican road trip that took me from Port Antonio to Ochi, Mo'Bay and Negril, where the cliff divers at Rick's Cafe demonstrated their prowess.


Come June, I discovered the bohemian pleasures of Tulum for the first time - and passed this this gargantuan furniture store display along the way.


Then in August I made my maiden voyage on crewed yacht charter through the BVIs, where we shot an episode of our TV show, CT+L's Affordable Caribbean.


I squeezed in a whistle-stop trip back to Jamaica in November, staying just long enough to enjoy a heaping plate of ackee and saltfish, the island's national dish.



My final jaunt of 2009 was to Provo in the Turks and Caicos Islands in December. Beautiful beaches, luxury resorts: what's not to love?



Where did your Caribbean travels take you in 2009?


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails