Subscriber Services


Please visit our new blog by clicking here.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Helping the Earth One Spa Treatment at a Time

Call me devoted to my job, but I'm pretty amenable to getting spa treatments. The stark reality is, a number of Caribbean resorts are home to world-class spas, and someone needs to try them out. Sometimes I'll play hard to get at first, pretending I'll skip it...but I always give in and sample the spa menu in the end, and rarely do I need a pep talk before going in there. It's just what professionals do.

But for those of you who need just a little bit more convincing, Elite Island Resorts has come up with a spa incentive you can really feel good about. To celebrate Earth Day - as well as the company's one year anniversary of being green-certified - the hospitality group will make a $5 donation to Sustainable Travel International (STI) for each spa treatment you purchase at select resorts in April. As a global organization, STI promotes sustainable solutions for travel and tourism, helping to shelter the Caribbean from some of the not-so-great effects of mass tourism.

The resorts include Galley Bay Resort & Spa, The Verandah Resort & Spa, and St. James' Club & Villas - all on Antigua - as well as Palm Island on the Grenadines. So I guess now the real question isn't whether to check out the spa...it's how many treatments can you squeeze in?

PS - Galley Bay's Indulge is our Featured Spa this week...click here to check it out.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails