Subscriber Services


Please visit our new blog by clicking here.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blue Tulum

Last week, I had the chance to check out the boutique Blue Tulum resort in the Riviera Maya. I'd never been to Tulum and was stoked to spend the week visiting the quiet beaches like El Paraiso, sampling the local food and of course exploring the nearby Maya ruins.

On arrival, I was excited to find that Tulum was just as I had hoped: a laid-back, ocean-front town dotted with eco- friendly inns and restaurants, and boasting just the right amount of authentic artisan shops to occasionally distract from the gorgeous beaches - where, admittedly, I spent most of my time. While easily accessible from the bustling spring break-haven of Cancún to the north, Tulum still felt like a world away. And I loved it.

But the most pleasant surprise on the trip was Blue Tulum itself. The 96-room all-inclusive resort was the largest such lodging that I came across in the area, but it somehow managed to feel quiet and personal, as if we were the only two guests there all week. (We definitely were not). The attentive staff did their part to keep that feeling going strong throughout the trip, essentially memorizing all of our favorites so we never even had to ask; By day two, I'm pretty sure every member of the staff - and probably everyone in town - knew I enjoy a champagne with brunch, a cabernet with dinner, and that yummy mint aromatherapy candle at turndown each evening. Having not one but two hot tubs in my ocean-view suite didn't hurt a bit, either.

FOR THE FAMILIES...

The resort recently added a new Kids Club program called BAAXAL PAALA (meaning "games for children"), including a range of indoor and outdoor activities like billiards, a large playground, XBOX 360 and more - plus childcare so mom and dad can go check out the town. And from what I saw while exploring the area, it will be one of the only resorts in Tulum to offer such services, so I definitely suggest checking it out for your next family vacation.

To view the resort's rates and availability, surf over to the Blue Tulum web site, then check out our Riviera Maya destination page for more information on the area.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails