Subscriber Services


Please visit our new blog by clicking here.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Everything's Going to be Okay

Hi all, blogging from the lush, verdant isle of St. John, USVI, where part of the reason it's so green right now is the rain that's been falling intermittently for the last week. It's also led to an affliction I like to call Mosquito Pincushionitis, whereby my legs look like a game of connect-the- dots, but never mind: Rain or shine, it's hands down one of my favorite destinations, for the beaches (sublime), the people (incredibly welcoming), the scenery (see for yourself), the food (it's detox for a week when I get home) and the great resorts like Caneel Bay, where I had the good fortune to stay for three nights earlier this week, in Cottage Seven no less, renowned for being the one occupied by Brangelina and brood on their visit to the island in 2007. Not that I read any of the celebrity rags or care about stuff like this (ahem) but let's just say I was tickled (haha) to find myself the occupant of the room I came to find out was the massage room for the cellulite-free couple.

Caneel's one of those places the rich and famous can go to hide. With 166 rooms spread over 170 acres, the place can be full and still feel deliciously empty. Luckily the paparazzi left me alone, and I was free to wander the grounds, as well as stuff myself silly, both literally and figuratively on everything the resort has to offer: I ate, I snorkeled, I kayaked, I ate, I lazed on the beaches, I ate - you get the idea. In short, it was a great three days; from the moment we boarded the Lady Caneel ferry in St. Thomas until the moment we checked out. Even if it wasn't before, at Caneel Bay, everything is, in fact, okay.



Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I love St. John and adore Caneel Bay. Their signature petroglyth is a favorite charm on my travel bracelet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails