Subscriber Services


Please visit our new blog by clicking here.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Best Fish Tacos Ever





From the second I set foot in Tulum I knew I'd be back. It's a total beach town, just the way you think a beach town should be - lazy, funky, not touristy or overbuilt, with friendly locals and an amazing beach. The kind of beach with sand like flour and so few people that you could land a plane on it. But what really completed the package was the fish tacos at Zamas (left), a rustic little hotel along the Tulum strip.

Senior Editor, Sarah Greaves Gabbadon and I heard they were good. Good doesn't cut it. They were incredible. I could've eaten them every day three times a day. Fresh local fish, perfectly spiced with authentic Mexican guacamole, and a splash of lime juice. All of it running down my arm as I shoved them in my face. Then there was the chelada (lime juice and beer) made with Mexican Sol cerveza, and, of course, an unobstructed view of the beach. I can't recall having a better lunch. Wow, I'm hungry.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails