Subscriber Services


Please visit our new blog by clicking here.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Don’t Leave Home Without It

I’m off on a four-day assignment to Secrets Maroma Beach on Mexico’s Riviera Maya tomorrow morning, so tonight I’ll be hauling my trusty red Kipling rollaboard out from under the bed. For the last two years I’ve been traveling for work about once a month, so by now I've got the whole packing thing down to a science.

My carry-on essentials for a quick Caribbean trip? A swimsuit; shorts; a sarong that I use as a beach coverup, a blanket for the plane and a wrap for frigidly air-conditioned restaurants; a couple of no-ironing-required knit dresses (including a new maxi for those same fancy but frigidly air-conditioned restaurants); flip-flops for day and strappy wedge sandals for evening. I’ll also pack my workout gear so that I can take advantage of the hotel gym (after all those sumptuous hosted dinners, a girl’s gotta work up a sweat at least once); and because it’s a work trip, my BlackBerry and MacBook, my Moleskine hardcover notebook and a stack of business cards.

Summer’s upon us and I know that lots of you will be taking to the skies and touching down on Caribbean shores. What are the must-haves on your packing list? Tell us, then click here to find out how to pack everything you need into a single carry-on, and go here for a whole bunch of nifty travel tips from the peripatetic CT+L team.

Happy Travels!

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Burt's Bees Lifeguard's Choice 'Lip'Balm! Sunscreen for my nose, ears, hairline, and tops of my feet. It's really easy to carry around in a pocket for quick touchups when you feel like you're starting to burn and forgot the sunscreen at the hotel. Plus it has something menthol-y in it that cools...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails