Subscriber Services


Please visit our new blog by clicking here.

Monday, July 20, 2009

It Might Be Addiction

It's a balmy 87 degrees on this beautiful BVI morning, but insistent trade winds are sweeping through the palm-fringed beaches and cooling the warm sandy paths that weave throughout Biras Creek. The sun is out, the water is calm, and it's just about the prettiest day I've seen yet during my week here on Virgin Gorda. It's also T-minus 24 hours till the flight that will take me away from this slice of heaven, which all means only one thing for me: Early-onset post-tripum depression. It's my technical term for that unmistakable collection of emotions that follows any truly amazing Caribbean escape...there's the fond reflection on a week well spent, and the sadness of knowing that another travel chapter is coming to a close.

I'm not sure how most people cope with the bittersweet feeling of leaving a tropical paradise, but as a travel addict myself, I find that the only cure is to plan another trip. Immediately. So along with my travel companion and friend Jayanthi from CT+L's sister magazine, Saveur, I've just cooked up a four-day Labor Day vacation right back here in the BVI. Is it wrong to return somewhere familiar when there are still so many new places left to explore? Take a look at some of my snapshots from the week and see for yourself...










Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails