Subscriber Services


Please visit our new blog by clicking here.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Necker Island: The Good Life

The first of this year's Winemakers Dinners kicked off last night at Necker Island, the private BVI estate of billionaire Virgin magnate Sir Richard Branson. While Branson takes residence on Necker throughout the year, the private island also functions as an ultra-exclusive resort and can be experienced for around $51,000 per night - a price tag that includes accommodations for up to 28 people as well as private chefs, personal butlers and whatever food, wine and activities you can dream up for the day. But even splitting that cost with my closest friends, I stand pretty much zero chance of ever staying on Necker Island on my own dime, so I was thrilled to have the chance to check it out before the dinner yesterday!

I'm no professional photographer, but here are a few snapshots from our day at Necker Island yesterday, in case you don't have the $51,000 saved up just yet either...











Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I. WANT. YOUR. JOB.

    It's my ultimate dream to set foot on that island.

    Well, actually my ultimate dream is to have a place of my own in the BVI. But it's a tight competition for first.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails